Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Why use handcrafted soap?

Just in case you are wondering why you should use handcrafted soap, I have compiled a list for you:

  1. Commercial soaps are made with heavy petroleum based detergents that are not good for your skin. They will aggravate any skin problems.
  2. Do you feel itchy when you get out of the shower? It's because of these detergents plus scent and foaming chemicals. A good bar of soap does not need to have a ton of lather.
  3. Glycerin moisturizes our skin. It is made in the natural soap making process. Commercial soap makers use a heating process that takes the glycerin out. They then turn around and sell the glycerin as a separate, expensive beauty product.
  4. YOU control what goes in your soap. I use olive and coconut oils. They are great for your skin.
  5. They are made with love by a local craftsman or woman. Each soap maker is different and each soap is like a miniature artwork. Treat yourself and support your local soap maker.
The older I get, the more skin problems I have. I was breaking out for years. I thought I was using the wrong face soap. I kept changing my soaps and moisturizers thinking that was the problem. It wasn't. It was my soap. I started using handcrafted soaps I bought at craft fairs and from little shops. My skin cleared up. The texture of my skin is even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment