- Commercial soaps are made with heavy petroleum based detergents that are not good for your skin. They will aggravate any skin problems.
- Do you feel itchy when you get out of the shower? It's because of these detergents plus scent and foaming chemicals. A good bar of soap does not need to have a ton of lather.
- Glycerin moisturizes our skin. It is made in the natural soap making process. Commercial soap makers use a heating process that takes the glycerin out. They then turn around and sell the glycerin as a separate, expensive beauty product.
- YOU control what goes in your soap. I use olive and coconut oils. They are great for your skin.
- They are made with love by a local craftsman or woman. Each soap maker is different and each soap is like a miniature artwork. Treat yourself and support your local soap maker.
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Why use handcrafted soap?
Just in case you are wondering why you should use handcrafted soap, I have compiled a list for you: