Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Scent and Memory

Just thinking out loud (typing out loud?).

Have you ever noticed how certain scents bring back memories of certain places or people? I was thinking about this a bunch the other day. I can associate some of the soap scents with people I know. The other day I had some soap in the art room and one of my students came in. She said it brought back fond memories of her father. I think the whole concept is interesting. Maybe I could make a sculpture about it.

Some of the scents I have chosen for the soap where decisions I made based on people I know. My oldest friend used to wear Bath and Body Works Sweet Pea scent. She named her dog after it.

My Aunt loved Honeysuckle. I used to buy everything with that scent to give her.

I love Cherry Almond and it took me awhile to figure out why. My mom used to buy Jergens lotion and it has the smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment