Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tooting your own horn....sometimes it's okay. :)



Okay. So I accidentally posted the customer testimonials as a blog post. I was making a tab. After some consideration I decided to leave it though.

The past two years have been a roller coaster ride for us. I was going to take it down, but decided to leave it up. I know our etsy shop isn't making us rich, but all of those reviews- every single one- come from people I have never met and or just talked to online. It amazed me! I know "my people" love our soap. It's so good to see other people loving them.

To this day- I still have no idea why I woke up in the middle of the night one night and decided to do this, but I did and it's working for now. Soaping has helped me decompress in a positive way and find some artistic gratification again. It helps me throw my energies into something positive. I feel that my business outcome will be the direct result of my energies- if that makes sense? In this sense I control the outcome.
My soaps are natural so to a certain extent I can't control how they look in the end -they will do what they do.  I like that. My business however.... I know I will get out what I put into this business and I WILL make it work. Maybe some day I could open a small shop and live happily ever after.

For now, I'll take what I have and embrace it. I am lucky to have it... and I am also slowing learning to toot my own horn. This will help me ultimately find ME again. Soap for the soul....who knew? Total cheese, but total truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment